Saturday 11 November 2017

Tanzania: Smiling Children!

Our 600 bedkit distribution was an hour south of Dar es Salaamin at Gezaulole. The school site was nicely shaded and open and we hit a home run starting with 2 large groups of 57 kids thanks to donations from my good friend Walter Heuser and my Mom and Dad. My folks give one bedkit for every child, grandchild and great-grandchild – and the number will be 60 next year – and you never know, maybe more?


The home run started with the large groups which are always fun to do and the kids really like yelling Merry Christmas Mom and Dad! I think my parents will like the video!


The rest of the 600 bedkit distribution was just more fun with the kids organized very close to where our team was set up so they could see what was going on with lots of interaction.


Which leads to the smiling children theme – the kids had fun and showed it in the bedkit photos –  and really showed it after the process was over and we were hanging out with the kids. Selfies, thumb fights, showing kids pictures of themselves - just having a good time together.


I would seem to me kids are kids no matter their social economic position is in this world.

Doug MacDougald for Team Tanzania B 2017 
Post your comments here: